BISHOPS FROME VILLAGE CENTRE - STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Any person wishing to hire the Centre or any part of it (The Premises) needs to complete a HIRE AGREEMENT between the Bishops Frome Village Centre Management Committee (The Committee) and the Hirer, in the form prescribed. When signed on behalf of the Committee, the Committee agrees to permit the Hirer to use the premises for the purpose and period(s) stated, subject to the conditions set out below:
1. The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage, however slight, or from change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity, including:
•The proper supervision of offloading and loading goods or equipment.
•Careful operation of kitchen serving shutters ensuring that the locking mechanisms are correctly operated
•Safe operation and proper use of kitchen equipment and ensuring that young children are not allowed into the kitchen area
•The careful movement and carrying of tables and chairs and using trolleys as appropriate
•The careful and safe use of the step ladders that are provided in the centre including a second person stabilising the step ladders when in use
2. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises, or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose, or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring on to the premises anything which might endanger the same or any insurance policies in respect thereof. The Hirer must ensure that smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the Hall.
3. The Hirer shall inform the Committee before completing this form if alcohol is to be sold or supplied on the premises during his/her booking of the Hall.
4. The Hirer shall note that the Hall is only licensed for music and dancing, and that plays, film shows and other activities will require a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) to be given to the District Council with the Committee’s prior consent. Music, singing and dancing and the like are not permitted after midnight.
5. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment. Special conditions of hire may be issued if necessary. The number of people in the Hall must not exceed those permitted in the Premises Licence.
6. The Hirer will not be allowed the consumption of alcohol without our prior permission.
• Only the Management Committee can sell alcoholic drinks on the premises but they can delegate this responsibility to hirers should they wish to run their own bar.
• It is illegal for adults to buy/attempt to buy alcohol for anyone under 18.
• It is illegal for anyone under 18 to buy alcohol, attempt to buy alcohol or to be sold alcohol.
• The management Committee reserve the right to refuse to serve alcoholic drinks to any individual and to challenge someone’s age and reserve the right to check ID from anyone who looks under 25
7. The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair on any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the building which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring. The Hirer shall also indemnify the Committee in respect of any claim for any reason that could be bought in relation to the hire save for the Committee’s statutory obligations.
8. At the end of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean tidy and safe condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise, and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
9. Access outside the hire period will be allowed to set up and clear away providing that the access times are agreed with the committee giving reasonable notice.
10. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a further booking, any deposit (less £5 administrative fee) will be refunded provided at least 4 weeks notice has been given; otherwise any repayment shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
11. The Committee reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the Hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or by election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a full refund of any deposit already paid.
12. In the event of the Hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
Issue 2 May 2017