BISHOPS FROME VILLAGE CENTRE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
What data we need
The personal data we collect from you includes:
• questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Bishops Frome Village Centre
• your email address if you have agreed to be on a circulation list for new and forthcoming events
• name, address, any other contact details and the name of any organisation you represent in order to complete a hiring agreement
• names of visitors or users and records of any accidents of people that are involved in an incident or/and breach of licensing obligations
The legal basis for processing this data is to perform the task of managing the Village Centre for the benefit of the community.
Why we need it
We use the information to promote the Village Centre and maintain it as a financially viable community facility. In addition, there are statutory obligations to keep records of activities and users to meet legal and Charity Commission requirements.
We also collect data in order to:
• improve the facilities at the Village Centre
• respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
• send email alerts to users who request them
• allow you to access government services and make transactions
• provide you with information about local services if you want it
What we do with your data
The data we collect is not shared with a third party.
We will not:
• sell or rent your data to third parties
• share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
• it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
• the law requires us to
In general, this means that we will only hold your personal data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not collect or maintain data intentionally about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
• information about how your personal data is processed
• a copy of that personal data
• that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
• raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
• request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
• ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, please get in contact with our Data Protection Officer.
Tel: 01885 490394
Last updated 9th June 2018